Raster to Vector Image Tutorial
Learn how to create a vector version of a raster or bitmap image:
Vector images can be made through vector imaging software such as Adobe Illustrator, Corel Draw and Macromedia Freehand among others. Here I am going to show you how to make vector image from raster using Illustrator Pen Tool, which is the most popular, professional & accurate.
1. First of all, choose a raster image which you think would be good example for this tutorial or simply save the image into your computer I used below for this tutorial and open it in your Illustrator program.
2. Select “Pen Tool” from the tool box or simply press “P” in your keyboard to select it.
3. Go to color palette> choose red color (in this case) and choose stroke weight between 0.25 pt – 0.50 pt.
4. Click on the edge of the image and move your mouse forward a little bit, release the mouse. After a standard distance (depending on the curve) again click on the edge of the image and continue in the same manner until you reach to the destination (starting point). Once you have come to the starting point, “O” symbol will appear. Now click on it to close the path.
5. Once you have completed path, press “Shift+X” on your keyboard or could do by going color palette in order to shift strock color into fill color.
6. Once you are happy with the shape, delete the original image (raster image) and put the color you want to use.
You may need to practice for a few days drawing path using pen tool in order to draw accurate shaped path. In the mean time you can send us your raster image to create a vector image by out professional graphics team.