Image Shading Tutorial
Lear how to create a shadow in a photo by some easy steps:
There are different kind of shading we can create in Photoshop, such as, Drop Shadow, Reflection Shadow, Original Photographic Shadow etc.
Here I am going to show you how to create Drop Shadow in Photoshop.
1. Go to the file menu in Photoshop and select open, from the open dialogue box choose the file you want to work with.
2. Firstly, you need to draw path around the image in order to remove background. See the Clipping Path Tutorial if you need help to draw path.
3. Once you have done outlining the image, right click and choose “Make Selection” to select the path. Go to Edit menu>”Copy > Paste” or simply press Ctrl on Win, Cmd on Mac+”J” and you will get a new layer with the image inside of the selection.
4. Click on the “Create a new layer” located on the bottom of the layer palette and you will be given a new layer which you need to fill up with white color.So fill it up with white color and take it underneath of the “Layer 1”.
5. Double click on the “Layer 1” to bring the “Layer Style” dialogue box. Click on the “Drop Shadow” located on the left column and choose the desired Opacity, Distance, Spread and Size of the shade. Make sure that the “Preview” box is checked so that you can get live view on how the shade is going to look like.
6. Once you are happy, click “Ok” in order to apply that style into the layer. Notice that, you can come back to this layer style at any time you want in case you need to edit the shading by simply double clicking on the same layer.
If you don’t have available time to create this type shadow in you photos. Just visit our drop shadow and reflection service page and send us your images. We have a expert team to assist you.